Choice Aged Care is Australia’s leading professional services provider to the aged care sector.
Approx. 350 facilities Australia wide utilise our solutions
RMMR / QUM clinical pharmacy services
Benchmarking and continuous quality improvement
Dementia Care services.
Medication competency packages
Aged care mandatory training topics
Nationally Recognised Training via our RTO
Residential Medication Management Review
- Our RMMR service adapts to defined client directives and clinical priorities (e.g. 3-monthly RMMRs for residents under chemical restraint).
- A strong focus on clinical needs based RMMRs with resident focussed interventions and health outcomes.
- RMMR intervention and outcome data is analysed and reported.
- Streamlined RMMR visit scheduling allows site management to readily coordinate ad-on MAC meetings +/- QUM education.
- Our RMMR reports also include a benchmarking summary of the resident’s Key Quality Indicators (e.g. polypharmacy burden); a Patient Drug Info Report; and a Diagnosis & Care Planning Report.
- Reports are uploaded and readily accessible on our Clinical Dashboard portal.
- Service accountability via reporting on various aspects of a site’s RMMR contract (e.g. ratio of RMMRs conducted per bed).
- A highly collaborative approach with excellent GP RMMR referral and response rates.
- On-site face to face education comprising of ‘QUM Handover Blasts’ and in-services.
- A full suite of online CPD topics on clinical care, medication management and industry mandatory training via our TLC Hub eLearning platform (or uploaded free of charge onto your own in-house LMS).
- The Clinical Dashboard cloud based portal provides ready access to a site’s RMMR and benchmarking reports, in addition to various QUM resources.
- Free access to AusDI, a leading online drug information resource.
- ‘Live’ medication management support with an online Clinical Chat feature.
- Participation in site-based MACs and corporate level clinical governance and facility manager’s meetings.
- Provision of medication advisory services, ranging from ‘as needed’ resident specific support to corporate level medication policy development and clinical governance input.
- The nations largest Drug Use Evaluation and Benchmarking analysis helps identify the clinical priorities for our RMMR & QUM activities on a site by site basis.
- Our Quarterly Quality Reports facilitate direct compliance with the new Quality Framework and responsiveness to data/procedure requests from Quality Commission auditors.
Our in-house RTO and online LMS training system, combined with a team of aged care specialist trainers provides a compelling offering for aged care facilities.
- Supporting Consumers with Dementia
- Infection Control
- Manual Handling
- Food Handling Safety and Hygiene
- Workplace Health & Safety in direct client care
- Workplace Bullying and Harassment
- Elder Abuse
- Fire Safety
Medication Competency Training
- Medication Competency Refresher Training for Care Staff
- Medication Refresher for RNs & ENs
- Drug Calculations Competency
- Remedial Retraining (7 topics specific to the medication incident)
Single Quality Framework
- Antimicrobial Stewardship in Aged Care
- Palliative Care in Aged Care
- Recognising and managing an acutely unwell consumer
- Supporting a Restraint Free Environment in Aged Care
- Clinical Governance in Aged Care
- Caring for culturally and linguistically diverse consumers
- The Single Quality Framework
QUM Handover Blasts
150 ‘toolbox’ sessions available for onsite delivery.
We have our own in-house RTO which provides nationally recognised training to our clients: